Free Google Places Listings Are Good for Business

Free Google Places listings are great for business and really are a key component of a business’online visibility. These listings can offer businesses with free, perpetual online advertising. Each month in the US, you will find 1 billion searches on the Internet, many of which are consumers and businesses looking for products and services to buy. Google Places listings are integrated with Google Maps and perhaps most importantly, Google’s main search engine, by far the most used in the US among English-speaking searchers. Today, smart-phone devices provide anywhere, anytime use of a wealthy group of location-based information, while consumers are shopping on the go. Now, more than ever, it’s critical for businesses to have a robust online presence to remain competitive.

A huge reasons why free Google Places listings are so compelling is the Google dominant market position. Centered on reports from leading audience measurement researchers such as for instance comScore and Hitwise, Google has, at the time of this writing, approximately 65% of the US, English-speaking search market share and in the event that you count search engines powered by Google technology, their market share increases to almost 70%, with Yahoo! and Microsoft Bing splitting all of the remaining 30%. Since listings feed search results within the Google main search engine buy google business reviews , the Google mobile search engine and the Google Maps applications, having a Google Places listing can offer a business with tremendous local visibility online, particularly valuable in competitive local markets.

Various other top reasons Google Places listings are valuable include enabling businesses to establish online identities and user engagement by sharing images and video. Actually, these listings currently support uploading up to 10 images and 5 videos, all for no charge. Product images and videos can reinforce a business brand while providing visitors additional information to assist their purchase decision in the sales process while setting the company aside from other local businesses. Before, use of images and videos have demonstrated the ability to increase click-through rates on listings, influencing listing visitors to react to some call to action such as for instance click through to your businesses website, click for directions or click to call.

Another great feature of the Google Places listing provides an on line venue to engage existing and potential customers in an open and transparent dialogue. The most engaging listings are comprised of a wealthy mixture of business and user-generated content. User-generated content originates from customers who provide ratings and reviews of the company based on their own buying experience. One downside is rating and review input is limited by Google users only, requiring them to be logged into their Google account to offer input to the listing.

This user rating and review mechanism of Google Places listings can foster trust online by highlighting not just what the businesses says about themselves, but most importantly, what their customers say, which can be often of great interest to other potential customers. Afraid of what some may say, businesses who want to “stay static in control of these online reputation” resist claiming or creating these local online business listings. To those that resist, consider this. A company’online reputation may happen if the business participates or not. The question is, if the businesses will need steps to higher manage it. Claiming a Google Places listing is one particular steps.

To illustrate this aspect, Google Places listings exists for businesses who neither created nor where even were conscious that the listing existed. Google does this today by sourcing information from data aggregators used to create listings for businesses without their knowledge or participation. Those listings then must certanly be claimed by the company owners, who must verify ownership of this listing to be able to make changes and update the listing. Ownership of a Google Places listing can be accomplished through either US mail confirmation to the address of record in the existing listing or through a phone verification system utilising the contact number in the listing which could allow businesses to claim the free listing in real-time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *